Tomato Mozzarella Skewers are one of my favorite no-cook appetizers. They are quick and easy to pull together and they make an elegant and delicious small plate. No muss, no fuss. They're perfect for a Memorial Day cookout or if you just want to snack on them around the house.
All you need are a few simple ingredients:
- fresh organic cherry tomatoes
- fresh organic basil
- marinated cherry size mozzarella balls
- balsamic vinegar
- skewers (you can find at almost any market)
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
I picked up these marinated mozzarella balls at Whole Foods but also saw the same ones at several other markets. They are fabulous. They're marinated in Italian herbs and olive oil and you can just drizzle a bit of the oil over the finished skewers for added flavor.
To make the skewers:
- Thread the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil onto the skewers alternating as you go.
- Arrange the skewers on a plate and drizzle some of the oil from the marinated mozzarella balls over the skewers.
- Then drizzle the balsamic vinegar - I highly recommend any of O Olive Oil's Balsamic Vinegars - they are fabulous and healthy.
- Last, sprinkle a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper atop.
Delicious (and addictive)!!!!